Photo from The Crown Prince Couple’s Awards 2022
– His Royal Highness The Crown Prince of Denmark’s speech about Josefine Opsahl receiving The Crown Prince Couple of Denmark’s Cultural Stardust Award 2022 from live show on Danish National Television DR1 –
– DR.DK feature for Kronprinsparrets Kulturelle Stjernedryspris 2022 –
– Town will Change Town will Remain video release –
The video is a part of Opsahl’s ENOLA ANERA video trilogy made for Atrium album out on Dacapo Records.
– Liquid Entity video release –
The video is a part of Opsahl’s ENOLA ANERA video trilogy made for Atrium album out on Dacapo Records shot during the darkest hour of lockdown due to covid-19 proving that nothing can stop art and the urge to create.
“A boundary-defying recital from a remarkable Dane”
“It’s a fascinating, deeply rewarding collection of pieces that are immediately likable, but with plenty of detail and depth to repay much repeated listening.”
– “DrømmeDøden Opera is a musical sensation” –
“The music is rich with vividly changeable embellishments, melancholic folkloristic beauty and off guard captivating, dramatic highlights. A great achievement by Josefine Opsahl.
“DrømmeDøden is a good bet for this year’s most captivating chamber opera in Denmark.”
– Stunning reviews of Atrium album –
“Josefine Opsahl’s cello music is as if cut and scraped for hip music sites. Just like the album title can mean both outdoor space and heart chamber, Opsahl’s welcoming and immersive music is both technically refined and emotionally charged at the same time.”
Johanna Paulsson, Dagens Nyheter (SE)
“Josefine’s musical expressionism is performed beautifully, grotesquely, disharmonically and balanced. Atrium contains rich timbres, careful acoustic work as well as high notes that go right to the border of sensitivity and pain”.
JULIE HUGSTED, Seismograf (DK)
– Four world premieres coming up in August –
‘Relievo’at Copenhagen Summer Festival
– Single release with Dacapo Records –
First single from Josefine Opsahl’s debut solo album ‘Atrium’ is out:
– Premiere of Bach solo project at Stjernestunder Festival in Tivoli –
Premiere of ‘PILLARS – En Søjle af Musik’ – Bach solo project at Stjernestunder Festival by Copenhagen Phil in Tivoli August 20th 2022 17.00 in Glassalen. More info through tivoli or on the project under works.
– World premiere of Opsahl’s DrømmeDøden Opera –
Den Ny Opera in Esbjerg (DK) – May 8th 2022
Folkoperan in Stockholm (SE) – May 19th-24th 2022
Halmstad Vocal and Opera Festival (SE) – June 18th 2022
Kalmar Slott (SE) – June 28th-29th 2022
Comissioned by and produced in collaboration with Nordic Opera
The piece features The Royal Danish Ballet in a new choreography by Artistic Director of the ballet Nikolaj Hübbe, The Copenhagen Royal Chapel Choir conducted by Chief Conductor Carsten Seyer-Hansen and Livgardens Musikkorps playing.
– Official debut from Danish National Academy of Music as a Soloist within Contemporary Creative Art –
– World Premiere at HM The Queen of Denmark’s galla dinner in Berlin –
‘Drei Bewegungen der Elektrischen Körpers’ had its world premiere at Her Majesty The Queen of Denmark’s galla dinner at Deutsche Historisches Museum in Berlin (DE) November 11th.
The piece featured The Royal Danish Ballet in a new choreography by Artistic Director of the ballet Nikolaj Hübbe, The Copenhagen Royal Chapel Choir conducted by Chief Conductor Carsten Seyer-Hansen and Livgardens Musikkorps playing. Dar Salim lead us all elegantly through the evening.
– DrømmeDøden Opera has arrived from Edition Wilhelm Hansen –
Comissioned by Nordic Opera. World premiere May 8th 2022 at Den Ny Opera in Esbjerg (DK). Further performances throughout May – June 2022 at Folkoperan in Stockholm (SE), Skuespilhuset by The Royal Theatre in Copenhagen (DK), Halland Opera and Vocal Festival and Kalmar Slot (SE).
‘I Walk I Bleed’ work and installation for 10 cellists premiering November 11th-13th at Sort/Hvid in Copenhagen. Photo by Martin Høyer
– Receiving Odd Fellow Ordenen’s Musikpris 2021 –
– Receiving the Leonie Sonning Music Prize‘s Talent Prize 2021 –
– ‘I Walk I Bleed’ video release from world premiere at Click Festival 2020 –
– Performing for the Danish Prime Minister and the Danish Minister of Culture at a Cultural Soiré at Marienborg –
– Performance at the first edition of GRASP Festival (DK) –
– Solo performance at the Ministry of Culture‘s 60 year anniversary –
– Five performances at The Danish National Gallery –
Reflecting on 5 art pieces from the museum’s four core exhibitions alongside one from the special exhibition ‘Efter Stilheden’. Kulturnatten October 15th 18.00-00.00.
– Premiere of EKKLESIATERION at INTONAL (SE) –
EKKLESIATERION, quadrophonic piece for cello and speakers will premiere at INTONAL Festival in Malmö, Sweden June 19th at 23.59.
– Performance at CPHFW21 (Copenhagen Fashion Week) at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts –
– World Premiere of my ‘Birds of Déia’ Piano Quartet –
Performed by Camerata Déia at Déia International Music Festival, Mallorca (ES)
– Featured live on Danish Television DR TV1 –
Talking about the very likely cancellation of Roskilde Festival 2021 due to the covid-19 pandemic and it’s consequence for for cultural life, festivals and artists. We need to stick together and insist to manifest the importance of art in society and keep our collective soul healthy. Full episode available here.
– KØNSDIVERS OPERA / GENDER DIVERSE OPERA –
– Finally it’s official – Performing in Roskilde Festival 2021 –
Premiering my concert trilogy ‘Three Movements of the Body Electric’ feat. Dancer (TBA), The Perfect Procession and M€RCY techno duo, June 30th-July 3rd 2021. Supported by The Danish Art Foundation
– Performing at the Wilhelm Hansen Foundation‘s Prize Ceremony receiving their Scholarship of Honour 2020 –
– Solo show for Tiny Mini Concerts live in MillFactory Copenhagen –
I Walk I Bleed for 10 celli – world premiere radio transmission from Click Festival
‘I Walk I Bleed’ – Listen to the recording by Danish Radio P2 here
Lecturing at The University of Copenhagen
Giving a lecture on contemporary roles within music creation, tradition, virtuosity, curiosity, new medias of expression and aesthetics.
Josefine Opsahl’s residency at Thorvaldsens Museum. Concert featuring Cæcilie Balling and Cæcilie Tagmose.
– Receiving the Wilhelm Hansen Foundation’s scholarship of honour 2020 –
Honoured and grateful to be receiving the Wilhelm Hansen Foundation’s scholarship of honour 2020.
– ‘I Walk I Bleed’ live broadcast by National Danish Radio P2 –
Full concert performance of ‘I Walk I Bleed’ broadcast by DR P2 in P2 Koncerten. click
– World premiere of ‘I Walk I Bleed’ installation and concert piece by Josefine Opsahl for 10 celli at Click Festival 2020 –
August 15th at Click Festival, Installation 14-16, concert at 19.30 in Hal 14 in the Siemens Halls behind Kulturværftet.
– Josefine Opsahl solo opening the SMK Summer Concert Series –
Interpreting Peder Severin Krøyer and Anne Marie Carl Nielsen.
– New Video Out –
Solo Performance streamed live from an empty Black Diamond / The Royal Danish Library, Copenhagen, April 7th 2020, 20.00.
Due to Covid-19 lockdown and quarantine I will for an hour place myself alone in one of the most beautiful public spaces in Copenhagen that is usually filled with life and people but these days completely empty.
Join me contemplating into the timeless art of handwriting, diving into another time and space, reconnecting with the human touch, materials of nature and the beauty in all of it. These days more than ever we need art, beauty and the sensation of creating together.
Featured article in COSTUME.
– Full video of performance at The Royal Library available here –
– Solo performance for Fondation Danoise –
– Town will change town will remain –
Premiere of ‘Town will change town will remain’ written for the opening of the Copenhagen Museum February 7th and HM The Queen of Denmark opening the museum.
– Nōlī turbāre circulōs meōs –
Premiere of ‘Nōlī turbāre circulōs meōs’ for 10 players in Musikhuset Århus by The Esbjerg Ensemble, February 7th.