“Josefine Opsahl’s music is as if cut and scraped for hip music sites. Her welcoming and immersive music is both technically refined and emotionally charged at the same time.” – Johanna Paulsson for Dagens Nyheter (SE) 2022.
– Receiver of Kronprinsparrets Kulturelle Stjernedryspris 2022 – The Cultural Star Dust Prize from the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark 2022
– Receiver of the Leonie Sonning Music Prize‘s Talent Prize 2021
– Receiver of Odd Fellow Ordenens Musikpris 2021
– Receiver of the Wilhelm Hansen Foundation’s Scholarship of honour 2020
– Winner of the Round Glass Music Award 2018 (US/IN)
– Receiver of The Danish Arts Foundation’s ‘The Young Artistic Elite’ scholarship with KOTTOS 2019 (DK)
– Winner of the Danish Radio P2’s Listeners’ Prize 2017 with KOTTOS Quartet (DK)
– Receiver of The Danish Arts Foundation’s ‘Den Unge Elite’ scholarship with We like We 2017 (DK)
With a liberating openness to sounds, genre, the use of electronics and her main instrument the cello Josefine’s works unfold in the intersection between tradition and renewal, expertise and intuition, the score and the improvised in a search for where musical expression, art, society and we ourselves are headed as beings and creators.
Her works has been performed throughout Europa, in China, Brazil and Argentina and her album releases have received rave reviews and awards, recently the Round Glass Music Award (US) and the Danish Radio P2’s Listeners’ Prize.